Anyone who needs to reach their back to apply lotion or soap can benefit from a lotion applicator. These devices are typically 17 to 24 inches long and use a foam applicator to reach your back easily. Look for a lotion applicator that is comfortable to hold and easy to use. Also, consider the applicator’s material and how much it costs. Some people prefer a natural material, while others prefer a more durable synthetic. Regardless of your preference, we have put together a list of the best lotion applicators so you can make a more informed buying decision.
Anyone who suffers from mobility issues and has trouble reaching certain areas of the back will find a lotion applicator a valuable and necessary tool to apply lotion, sunscreen, and other materials onto the back more quickly.
Quick View of the Top Location Applicators
We do in-depth user review analysis on what is liked and disliked about a product. We read hundreds of reviews on the products we suggest to get honest user feedback on what many consumers say about the products we recommend. We rely on more extensive review data to make a more informed product decision.
What we look at
Our Top Back Lotion Applicators
- Best overall: Vive Back Lotion Applicator
- Runner up: Bearback Lotion Applicator
- Best travel lotion applicator RMS 17.5″ Long Lotion Applicator
- Best long handle lotion applicator: EASACE Lotion Applicator
- Best cost effective lotion applicator: Shechane Lotion Applicator
1. Best Overall Lotion Applicator
Vive Back Lotion Applicator
The Vive Back lotion applicator is an excellent choice for those who need to reach their backs while in the shower or bath. This applicator is 17 inches long and uses a foam applicator that allows you to reach your back easily.
It comes with three replacement pads plus the pad on the applicator, so you get four places total. The lotus wood handle is smooth and easy to grip and is coated with a transparent waterproof layer that helps with the longevity of this product.
- EFFORTLESS SELF-APPLICATION: Get even coverage of lotions, creams, gels, and more with the Vive lotion applicator. It’s perfect for use on your back and feet. Say goodbye to awkward bending and twisting with its 17.5” handle and 3.5” applicator pad.
- INCLUDES 4 TEXTURED APPLICATOR PADS: The four included applicator pads are textured to hold products without dripping or slipping. Constructed with dense foam, they evenly distribute products without absorbing them.
- EXTENDED REACH NON-SLIP HANDLE: The 17.5” curved handle is made of durable lotus wood and features a textured rubber grip for a comfortable and secure hold. The handle’s cord loop allows for easy hanging storage or can be worn on your wrist while applying products.
- NONSLIP EXTENDED REACH HANDLE: The curved, 17.5 inch handle is made of a durable lotus wood that will not split or crack. A nonslip textured rubber grip provides a comfortable and secure grip. Convenient for hanging storage, the handle’s cord loop is also large enough to slide on your wrist to prevent dropping while applying creams or lotions.
- WATERPROOF & DURABLE: Coated with a clear waterproof layer, the lotus wood handle is designed to last.
Made from lotus wood
Comes with 4 pads
Waterproof layer on handle
3.5″ applicator pad
60 day guarantee from VIVE
Not enough curve to handle
Pads could be better for rubbing in lotion
2. Runner up Lotion Applicator
Bearback Lotion Applicator
The Bareback lotion applicator is one of the best on the market. What stands this applicator apart from most is the foldable design that makes storage a breeze and the dense sponge that makes holding lotions and creams for a smooth application.
Another aspect that makes this applicator great is the 17″ length with a 3.5″ sponge head. It also uses a non-slip grip, so even when your hands are wet, you still have a good grip on the applicator.
- Easily apply Lotion, Sunscreen, and Medications to your back and hard to reach areas
- Beautiful patented design with premium materials and durable construction
- Comfortable non-slip grip gives you perfect control
- Includes two washable foam rollers. Separate replacement packs are available.
- 2 year warranty
Roller design applicator
Made from premium material that last long
2 year warranty
Priced higher than other models
3. Best Lotion Applicator for travel
RMS 17.5″ Long Lotion Applicator
The RMS applicator makes our list because of a few reasons. First, the length of 17.5″ makes it long enough to reach almost any place on your back easily. Using this device, you can use the applicator either wet or dry, meaning you can apply self-tanners, sunscreens, medications, and body wash.
It includes four non-absorbent applicator pads, so you don’t waste product when applying. This model comes with a traveling bag for those who want to travel with their applicator.
- EASY REACH HANDLE – No need to bend, twist, or overextend. Our curved wooden handle, when fully inserted with the Applicator Pad, measures a total of 17.5” long, making it easy to apply lotion in hard to reach places. Our handle also has a non-slip grip.
- USE WET OR DRY – Apply lotions, self tanners, sunscreens, medications, body wash, etc. The possibilities are endless.
- INCLUDES 4 APPLICATOR PADS – The pads are non-absorbent so they won’t waste your lotion, but textured to hold it place while applying. 4 applicator pads are included.
- EASY TO CLEAN – Simply wash with mild soap, rinse, and hang to dry. It’s that easy!
- TRAVEL BAG INCLUDED – We have included a travel bag so you can take our lotion applicator with you. It’s perfect for traveling and trips to the beach!
Excellent for travel
Includes 4 applicator pads
Wet or dry use
Travel bag included
Does not absorb product into pad
Not enough bend in stick to reach back for some users
Pads may be to thick for some users
4. Best long handle lotion applicator
EASACE Lotion Applicator
The EASACE lotion applicator makes our list of one of the best applicators. It ranks as our best long-handle applicator at 21.5 inches. The adjustable handle head helps the roller be used in different angles for even the most challenging areas to get covered.
We also love this applicator because it uses a roller instead of a pad. The design of this applicator is also nice. They use an ergonomically designed applicator with an extended reach handle.
For those needing a longer applicator to reach your back because you can’t stretch or have smaller arms, this applicator could be just what you need.
- BEST LOTION APPLICATOR FOR BACK: This Lotion Cream Applicator handy and easy to use device makes it easy to apply lotion to your back anytime
- EASY-TO-USE LOTION APPLICATOR: Lotion Applicator with adjustable handlehead allows rollers to be used at various angles and cover hard-to-reach areas
- ROLLING BACK LOTION APPLICATOR: Apply lotion with the able and luxuriating aid of a rolling applicator for applying lotion on back; as opposed to a stiff and unmoving back brush for lotion. Let the wheels heal as they massage your muscles
- ERGONOMICALLY-DESIGNED BACK CREAM APPLICATOR: The extended-reach handle and superior structure of this back lotion dispenser is ergonomically-designed to relax, ease and pamper the back muscles. The therapeutic effectiveness of this lotion back dispenser is simply unsurpassed
- RISK FREE PURCHASE: Detailed instruction manual included in the package, EASACE 24/7 local customer service stand by for any questions.
Roller style applicator
Very long handle
2x faster healing
Thick lotions may clump on roller
Bony backs may have issue with roller type
5. Best cost effective lotion applicator
Shechane Lotion Applicator
The Schechane lotion applicator is our best cost effective applicator at just 9.99 and a 17 inch curved ergonomic design. The pad is made from a dense foam that is both soft and non-absorbent. We like this because it will not waste the material you use on the pad. The pad itself is easy-to-clean by rinsing it under running water and then towel dry. It also uses a high-quality silicone non-slip grip so even when the applicators’ is wet you should still be able to get a good grip.
- 【Ergonomic Design 】17-in curved handle for extended range causes no more awkward bending to reach all over your body.
- 【Easy-to-use】Shechane lotion applicator is designed to easy apply all kinds of gels, creams, lotions, ointments, body acne treatments, moisturizers, etc.
- 【Safe Material】The pad is made of dense foam. Soft and non-absorbent, it won’t waste your lotion, but textured to hold it in place while applying.
- 【Easy-to-clean】 The pad can be cleaned by rinsing under running water and can be dried with a towel.
- 【Easy-to-store】Each back lotion brush features a sturdy fabric loop for convenient hanging. Package: fabric bag.
Dense foam pad that wont waste lotion
Loop for easy hanging
Lotion Applicator comparison chart
Who should use a lotion applicator?
- Those who have a difficult time reaching their back
- Those who want an easy and consistent way to apply lotion
- Those who want to avoid getting lotion on their hands
Lotion Applicator buying guide
When looking for a lotion applicator, you should keep a few things in mind. We provide some crucial aspects to look at when purchasing to help ensure you get the best product for your needs.
Length of the applicator
They typically range from 17 to 24 inches. If you need a longer applicator, check the product information before making a purchase. Longer handles are great for those with a difficult time with mobility issues which cannot move their arms as freely.
Applicator pad or roller
You will notice that when you purchase a lotion applicator, you will see pads or roller-style applicators. These are the two main kinds of applicators you will find.
Roller-style applicators have a foam applicator attached to a rolling handle. The roller moves back and forth, allowing you to apply lotion in a consistent and smooth motion. However, we feel that those who have a bony style back find roller styles to be more challenging to get a smooth application of the lotion or product because a roller does not conform as easily as a pad over bony spots.
These applicators have a removable, washable, and reusable pad. The pad is what applies the lotion to your skin. There are different materials that the pads are made of, such as cloth, sponge, or foam.
The curve in the handle matters
You may have noticed that some applicators have curved handles while others are straight. There is a reason for the curve in the handle. The curve is designed to help you reach those difficult spots on your back. The angle of the curve will typically vary from applicator to applicator. So, if you have difficulty getting your lower back, look for an applicator with a curve closer to the applicator pad.
Lotion applicators typically range in price from $10-$30. The more features an applicator has, the higher the price will be. We feel that applicators in the mid-price range offer the best value for your money.
Ease of cleaning
Since you will be using this applicator in the shower, it is essential to consider how easy it will be to clean. Most applicators can be cleaned with soap and water. Some have removable pads that can be thrown into the washing machine.
The best location applicators are excellent tool for those who have difficulty reaching their back or for those who want an easy and consistent way to apply lotion. Many different styles and types of applicators are available on the market, so be sure to consider what features are important to you before making a purchase.