Using a blood pressure monitor at home can save lives for those with possible risks of health issues. It is essential to know how to purchase the best blood pressure monitor and how to use it properly. Using at-home blood pressure monitors or BPMs has become increasingly popular for that who need to monitor their blood pressure. It is crucial to have one that is accurate and will provide readings close to what your physician would see in their office. Clinically validated or FDA-approved means that the product has been tested for safety and efficacy and found to meet specific standards.
There are a few things you should look for when purchasing a BPM. We have done in-depth product reviews of over 38 different products and have read hundreds of consumer reviews to help bring you our top 5 best blood pressure monitors.
Quick View of the Top Blood Pressure Monitors
We do in-depth user review analysis on what is liked and disliked on a product. We read hundreds of reviews on the products we suggest to get real user feedback of what many consumers have to say about the products we recommend. We rely on larger review data to make a more informed product decision.
What we look at
- Quick View of the Top Blood Pressure Monitors
- What is a blood pressure monitor?
- Who needs to use this monitor?
- Our Top 5 Blood Pressure Monitors
- 1. Best Overall Blood Pressure Monitor
- 2. Runner up
- 3. Best Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor
- 4. Best for large Memory storage
- 5. Best value blood pressure monitor
- Blood Pressure monitor comparison chart
- Key buying features in a blood pressure monitor
What is a blood pressure monitor?
A blood pressure monitor is a device used to measure blood pressure. This monitor uses a cuff that is inflatable around the upper arm. These digital devices help people to check their blood pressure at home. These blood pressure machines use oscillometric to measure your systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Choosing the best model could be confusing. We try and simply this for you.
Who needs to use this monitor?
People with high blood pressure, those with low blood pressure, and those who have been diagnosed with hypertension. Also, If you have any family history of heart disease or stroke, you may want to consider getting a blood pressure monitor to check your numbers at home regularly.
What is a wrist blood pressure monitor?
Along with arm monitors you can also opt to use a wrist blood pressure monitor. These types of monitors function the same way but the cuff goes around the wrist instead of the upper arm. These types of monitors are known to be a little less accurate simply because the user may not always position themselves currently when taking a measurement. But these are smaller or more compact making them ideal for that travel.
1. Best Overall Blood Pressure Monitor
For those that are required to monitor blood pressure having the best possible blood pressure monitor is essential in tracking numbers accurately and efficiently. The Lazle Blood Pressure Monitor excels in both areas to help ensure accurate and easy blood pressure monitoring.
The large LED screen allows for easy measurements that almost anyone can read. The one-touch operation is also effortless, making this a favorite for thousands of users.
The process is as simple as touching the start button to measure blood pressure. We also love how this product comes with a carry case and is lightweight, so bringing it on the go is not a problem.
- ☑TOP BRAND RECOMMENDATION BY DOCTORS & PHARMACISTS: Our Blood Pressure Monitor with custom-made large LED screens give you a great visual experience, making readings clearer and users can view the results more quickly. Clear large fonts and High-Def Backlit Screen offers clear reading at nighttime for advanced measurement experience.
- ☑HIGHEST ACCURACY: Fully automatic blood pressure checker has advanced measuring techniques, to provide you the most accurate reading. Convenient to track your health every day.
- ☑ONE-TOUCH OPERATION: The Blood Pressure Machine is fully automatic, just need to press one “Start” button to measure your blood pressure and heart rate. All process just need half minute.
- ☑Arrhythmia Detecting: LAZLE Blood Pressure Monitor is sensitive enough to track heartbeat failures that might go unnoticed by you. That is, by measuring the pressure, you can also check your heart rate.
- ☑ADVANCED TWO-USER MEMORY: No more manual recording of your readings all the time! You may store up to 200 readings for two users and each reading comes with date and time stamp.
30 + thousand positive reviews
Large easy-to-read screen
99-Automatic Storage Slots Per User
Simple to use
Product support could be better
2. Runner up
Our runner-up for the best blood pressure monitor is the Greater Goods Blood Pressure Monitor. This easy-to-read and used blood pressure monitor has a large color display.
This kid comes with everything you need, even a wall adaptor. We love the bright back-lit display and the large stop/start button.
It even has an irregular heart rate detector. Again, this makes our list because of the features and an excellent price point in its class.
- Everything You Need: Greater Goods blood pressure monitor for home use comes with everything you need to make tracking heart health over time as simple as possible. Keep up with your systolic and diastolic blood pressure, as well as your pulse. Also, it’s compatible with two users, storing up to 60 measurements for each.
- A Home Blood Pressure Monitor Made Right: A tried and true upper arm heart rate monitor, including a bright, back-lit display, large stop/start button, and an irregular heart rate detector. The Greater Goods wireless blood pressure monitor is the definition of what a BPM should be.
- A Blood Pressure Cuff for Everyone: The bp cuff wasn’t an afterthought; our adjustable cuff is comfortable, fits most arms, and is made of premium materials. We want our automatic upper arm bp cuff for home use to be appreciated—in addition to their practical application.
- Long Lasting: Plug it in or power it up with 4 AAA batteries (included in kit). Either way, the Greater Goods digital blood pressure monitor will be ready for you.
- Performance and Value: A reasonably priced automatic blood pressure cuff with performance you can count on. Performing at the top of the pack by starting the reading at the beginning of the cuff’s expansion—a feature seen in less than 20% of blood pressure monitors!
Kit has everything you need
Easy-to-read color display
Not a wide cuff for large arms
Some reviews state the machine did not last as long as it should
3. Best Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor
Those that would like to have a Bluetooth blood pressure monitor will like what this monitor has to offer. This smart blood pressure monitor for home use is really accurate and after a ready is done the results are also send to your phone. This data is stored in the cloud. Both batteries and a power plug are included with this BPM.
The phone app also you to export personal health data to your doctor and you can view data in weeks, months or years. Graph rends over time will also show you how your monitor went.
- Everything You Need: Greater Goods blood pressure monitor kit comes with everything you need to make tracking heart health over time as simple as possible. Keep up with your systolic and diastolic blood pressure, as well as your pulse. Also, it’s compatible with two users, storing up to 60 measurements for each.
- A Monitor Made Right: A tried and true monitor, including a bright, back-lit display, large stop/start button, and an irregular heart rate detector. The Greater Goods monitor is the definition of what a BPM should be.
- A Cuff for Everyone: The cuff wasn’t an afterthought; our adjustable cuff is comfortable, fits most arms, and is made of premium materials. We want our blood pressure cuffs for home use to be appreciated—in addition to their practical application.
- Performance and Value: A reasonably priced blood pressure monitor with performance you can count on. Performing at the top of the pack by starting the reading at the beginning of the cuff’s expansion—a feature seen in less than 20% of blood pressure monitors.
- Reliable Results: FSA and HSA cleared products only at Greater Goods Health. Not only that, but to ensure the reliability and consistency of our monitors, we also sought a recommendation by the DABL educational trust, and multiple university clinical trials.
Data stored in cloud
Irregular heartbeat sensor
App may be difficult for some to navigate
Cuff may be to large for those that are used to cuff sizes 22-32 cm
4. Best for large Memory storage
Blood pressure monitors are getting used more and more because one out of five aged 20 -35 years has prerequisites for high blood pressure. This is a highly rated monitor from Paramed.
The cuff on this device is universal sizing, and fitting can range from 8.7 inches up to 15.7 inches or 22-40 cm. The large and easy-to-read screen allows almost anyone to scan the results.
The machine memory can store up to 120 readings and save for two different users. We love other features like the voice broadcast and silent function, self-check cuff positioning, and arrhythmia checking.
- Large lcd and buttons: Large, easy to read LCD screen with the clear, oversized numbers and big buttons for effortless operation – perfect for all ages
- Self-checking universal cuff: Self-check feature helps you put on the cuff correctly. Specially designed adjustable arm cuff from 8.7 to 15.7 inches for all sizes
- 2 users memory: Store up to 120 readings and save between 2 profiles for 2 different users. Features a Low Battery & Date display functions
- Voice Broadcast: The voice broadcast makes an alternative for silent mode, facilitating testing for users with different needs (the voice function can be turned off)
- Full set: 4 AA batteries as well as a carrying bag for convenient storage and carry included
Voice broadcast, or silent mode
Carrying bag included
Big screen for easy viewing
No AC adaptor
5. Best value blood pressure monitor
The OMRON Silver Blood Pressure Monitor is a very easy-to-wrap cuff that provides up to 80 stored readings for one user.
This lightweight, easy to take with your monitor, will allow for easy blood pressure readings wherever you go. It fits most adult arms from 6″ up to17″ properly.
The Advanced Accuracy that is exclusive to OMRON technology can help to measure five times more data points with precise readings.
This is a great device for a single user that does not need to share with someone else in the home.
- The OMRON Silver Upper Arm Monitor provides unlimited memory and stores 80 total blood pressure readings for 1 user. The OMRON Silver Upper Arm Monitor also works with the OMRON Connect free app.
- Doctor and pharmacist recommended brand of blood pressure monitors.
- With Advanced Accuracy, an exclusive OMRON technology, this monitor measures five times more data points for consistent, precise readings.
- Easy-Wrap ComFit a pre-formed cuff that inflates 360° around the arm to help reduce measurement errors and help ensure inflation over your brachial artery. The Easy-Wrap ComFit cuff comfortably fits adult arms ranging from 9” to 17” in circumference.
- Backed with a 3- year warranty. OMRON stands behind the accuracy and quality of our products, and believes in the longevity of our blood pressure monitors. Registered with the FDA as a medical device.
- Monitor meets the Validated Device Listing (VDL) for Clinical Accuracy as determined through an independent review process.
Inflates 360 degrees cuff
3 year warranty
Stores up to 80 readings
Only stores readings for 1 user
Blood Pressure monitor comparison chart
Key buying features in a blood pressure monitor
You will want a product that has been clinically validated, or FDA approved for accuracy. This is important because if the readings are not accurate, it could lead to misdiagnosis.
FDA-approved: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is a regulatory body that approves products for sale in the United States. For a blood pressure monitor to be FDA-approved, it must meet specific standards for accuracy and safety.
Clinically validated: This means that the product has been tested in a clinical setting and found to be accurate. These independent studies are critical because they prove the product is reliable.
Some blood pressure monitors have a feature that allows you to store your readings to track your progress over time. This can be helpful if you work with a doctor to manage your blood pressure. You can even have this data sent to your smartphone and stored in the cloud. Not all monitors have this feature, but it is something to consider if you think it would be helpful.
The display unit is the part of the blood pressure monitor where the readings are displayed. Some monitors have large, easy-to-read displays, while others have smaller displays that may be more difficult to see. Consider the size and clarity of the display when choosing a blood pressure monitor. We suggest finding a larger screen that is easily read in any condition.
Wall unit attachment
Some blood pressure monitors come with a wall unit attachment that allows you to mount the monitor on the wall. This can be helpful if you have limited space or want to see the readings from across the room. Not all monitors have this feature, but it is something to consider if you think it would be helpful.
Blood pressure monitors can range in price from $30 to $200. The more features a monitor has, the higher the price will be. We suggest finding a product with the features you want at a price you are comfortable with.
Q: What is a normal blood pressure range?
A: A normal blood pressure range is considered to be less than 120/80.
Q: Can you get false readings?
A: In some cases, you may get a false reading. This can happen if the cuff is not placed correctly on your arm or if you move during the reading. It is essential to follow the instructions that come with your blood pressure monitor to ensure that you get accurate readings.
Q: What are the best blood pressure monitors?
A: The best blood pressure monitors are accurate and easy to use. We suggest finding a product that has been clinically validated or FDA approved for accuracy and has a larger clear screen.
We hope this article has helped you understand more about blood pressure monitors. These devices can help manage your blood pressure, but choosing a product that is right for you is important. We suggest considering the accuracy, data storage, display unit, and price when deciding. Thank you for reading!