Blood pressure monitors come in two main types: those that use your arm and those that use your wrist. While arm monitors are still popular and can be more accurate in some cases, wrist monitors have become increasingly popular in recent years because they are easier to use and more portable. This blog post will discuss the pros and cons of both types of blood pressure monitors and help you decide which is the best option for you.
Wrist blood pressure monitors are small, portable devices that can be quickly taken with you wherever you go. They are also relatively easy to use, as you need to wrap the cuff around your wrist and press a button to get a reading. Because of their size and portability, wrist blood pressure monitors are an excellent option for people who travel frequently or have busy lifestyles. However, one downside of wrist monitors is that they can sometimes be less accurate than arm monitors. So, if you are looking for the most accurate reading possible, an arm monitor may be a better option.
Quick View of the Top wrist blood pressure monitors
No products found.
We do in-depth user review analysis on what is liked and disliked on a product. We read hundreds of reviews on the products we suggest to get real user feedback of what many consumers have to say about the products we recommend. We rely on larger review data to make a more informed product decision.
What we look at
What are wrist blood pressure monitors?
Wrist blood pressure monitors are small, portable devices that can be quickly taken with you wherever you go. They are also relatively easy to use, as you need to wrap the cuff around your wrist and press a button to get a reading.
Why use a wrist blood pressure monitor?
There are several benefits of using a wrist blood pressure monitor, including the following:
- They are small and portable, making them easy to take with you wherever you go.
- They are relatively easy to use, as you need to wrap the cuff around your wrist and press a button to get a reading.
- They can be a more affordable option than arm blood pressure monitors.
Our Top 5 wrist blood pressure monitors
- Best overall wrist monitor: LAZLE Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- Runner up: OMRON Gold Blood Pressure Wrist Monitor
- Best kit wrist monitor : PARAMED Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- Best wrist kit with big monitor: IPROVEN Wrist Blood Pressure
- Best ease of use wrist blood Pressure monitor: Kongquest KBP-2910W Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
1. Best Overall Wrist blood pressure monitor
LAZLE Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
If you are looking for an accurate and affordable wrist blood pressure monitor, the Lazle Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor is a great option. This device is easy to use and comes with a clear instruction manual. It is also lightweight and portable, making it ideal for travel.
This wrist blood pressure monitor has some great features that make it a good choice for those who want an affordable and accurate device.
This monitor has a huge battery capacity because it uses a high-capacity rechargeable Li-ION battery that lasts 3-6 months.
Second, this wrist blood pressure monitor comes with a large LCD. This makes it easy to read your readings.
Next, it offers a two-user mode that can store up to 240 readings for two users. This is a very easy-to-use and cost-effective wrist blood pressure machine
No products found.
Huge battery lasting time
Big memory storage up to 240 readings
Easy-to-read LCD screen
Triple measurement mode
Irregular heartbeat indicator
Buttons may not be user friendly
May be difficult to learn how to use at first
2. Runner up wrist blood pressure monitor
OMRON Gold Blood Pressure Wrist Monitor
The OMRON gold is a great wrist blood pressure monitor because it is easy to take with you and gives accurate readings. It is also affordable, costing around $60. You can find this model at most pharmacies or online retailers.
When using the OMRON gold, it is essential to follow the instructions in the manual. First, you should sit down with your feet on the floor and place the monitor on your wrist at heart level. Ensure the cuff is snug but not too tight, and press the start button.
The OMRON gold will take your blood pressure and display the results on the easy-to-read screen. It has memory storage of 200 total blood pressure readings and features like heart zone guidance that helps get your wrist to the proper location at heart level.
Backed by a 5-year warranty, the OMRON gold is an excellent choice for a wrist blood pressure monitor.
The OMRON gold is an excellent choice if you want an accurate and easy-to-use wrist blood pressure monitor.
Read more about the best OMRON blood pressure monitors from our in-depth guides.
- The OMRON Gold Wrist Monitor provides unlimited memory and stores 200 total blood pressure readings for 2 users. The OMRON Gold Wrist Monitor also works with the OMRON Connect free app which is compatible with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices.
- Doctor and pharmacist recommended brand of blood pressure monitors.
- The high morning average indicator alerts the user if systolic or diastolic measurements are out of normal range in the morning, when there is a higher risk for heart attack or stroke. This feature is unique to the Gold and Platinum series monitors.
- The Gold wrist monitor comes with premium OMRON features like Heart Zone Guidance, which helps to guide your wrist to the proper position (at heart level). Ultra-Silent inflation feature allows for measurements to be taken quietly and discreetly.
- Backed with a 5-year warranty. OMRON stands behind the accuracy and quality of our products, and believes in the longevity of our blood pressure monitors; Registered with the FDA as a medical device.
Excellent name in Home blood pressure monitors
High memory storage
2 users can store data
Product meets the Validated Device Listing
Lightweight and compact
Pairing with Bluetooth might be difficult for some users
Hard to see LCD screen on certain angles
3. Best Kit wrist monitor
PARAMED Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
If you’re looking for a wrist blood pressure monitor, the Paramed Automatic is a great option. It’s accurate, easy to use, and portable, so you can take it wherever you go.
The layout makes for easy and precise readings, and the LCD screen makes reading the results easy. The capacity of this machine is good at 90 measurements.
Even though we see higher storage capacity, this is still a solid number of saved readings. We also like how user-friendly this device gives you accurate data in 30 seconds.
We also love how this device will automatically shut off after 1 min preserving battery life.
- Smartly designed to facilitate easy, clear readings: Paramed blood pressure cuff features a large LCD display to allow for most accurate readings in less than 30 seconds
- The ultra large storage capacity: 90 measurements allows you to keep track of your blood pressure prices. Compare the readings of the past days, so that you take steps to prevent unpleasant surprises
- User-friendly wrist bp machine: our automatic blood pressure device will give you clear accurate data in just 30 sec by pressing just one button
- Take your blood pressure kit anywhere: comes with a durable carrying case in the set. Complete blood pressure monitor kit for home and your travels. 2 AAA batteries included!
- To get accurate measurements, follow the directions in the instructions, quick start guide and product description page carefully.
30 second display of results
Large LCD display
Good storage capacity
Cuff may not fit as well as other types on the market
4. Best wrist kit with big monitor
IPROVEN Wrist Blood Pressure
If you’re looking for a wrist blood pressure monitor, the IPROVEN is an excellent option. It’s easy to use and gives accurate readings when used correctly.
In addition, this device uses a more oversized BP cuff compared to other wrist Blood Pressure Machines.
This can be used on both small and large wrists with a circumference of 5.2 inches to 8.5 inches.
We also like how they use a colored BP level indicator. This allows the blood pressure levels to fall into a colored indicator for easy viewing and understanding of the measurement.
The indicator follows the AHA or American Heart Association. It also takes only 30 seconds to make a measurement. In addition, this device has a memory of 60 readings that can be stored.
- iProven Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor – Blood Pressure Cuff Wrist – Memory for 60 Readings – Large Screen – Fast Readings – Batteries Included – BPM-337 by iProven
- Quick and Easy – The BPM-337 measures while inflating, giving you accurate results quickly. The easy to use blood pressure monitor comes with batteries.
- With Clear Instructions for Most Accurate Results – Follow the instructions in the included manual with care or watch the video for an even more accurate result.
- Each Device is tested on accuracy – The Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor for home use is tested on accuracy.
- With Colored AHA Indicator – Know what your measurements mean with the colored indicator from the American Heart Association.
- 1 Size Fits All Wristband – iProven’s BPM-337 fits on every wrist thanks to the adjustable velcro wristband.
Cuff fits both small and larger wrist
Fast results at 30 seconds
Irregular heartbeat detection
Not as accurate as some users would like
Inconsistent from some users
5. Best ease of use wrist blood Pressure monitor
Kongquest KBP-2910W Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
The Konquest KBP Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor is an excellent choice for those looking for a wrist BPM. The one-touch operation is easy to use, and the large LCD is easy to read. The120 memory recall lets you keep track of your readings over time. The cuff fits most wrists from 5 1/4 – 81/2 in circumference. You will love the easy-to-read LCD bright backlight display screen. Measurements will include:
- Systolic pressure
- Diastolic pressure
- Pulse rate
This BPM is also very lightweight and portable, making it easy to take with you on the go. This particular model established its guidelines from WHO the World Health Organization Blood Pressure Indicator
- QUICK AND ACCURATE – Get Reliable results in UNDER 1 Minute.
- INDIVIDUALLY TESTED FOR ACCURACY – Each device undergoes individual testing for unmatched accuracy. Be sure you will have a reliable reading every time.
- USER-FRIENDLY & EVERYTHING INCLUDED – Start taking measurements moments after unboxing your device. One button push-to-start design make getting an accurate reading easy & fun. Your purchase includes everything you need: blood pressure monitor, one size fits most cuff (fits wrists from 5 1/4” – 8 1/2” in circumference), 2 AAA batteries, illustrated owner’s manual and a convenient Storage and Carrying case.
- 2 USER CAPABILITY & 120 MEASUREMENT MEMORY – Switch between 2 users to store measurements separately if sharing with a spouse or loved one. Automatically record up to 120 measurements with date and time for easy blood pressure tracking – great for doctor visits.
- PULSE RATE AND IRREGULAR HEART BEAT DETECTION – The KBP-2910W will display your Pulse Rate, and it will automatically alert you if it detects an irregular
Great memory storage
Easy-to-read LCD screen
Pulse and irregular heart beat detection
Fits most size wrist
Inconsistent results from some users
Wrist Blood Pressure comparison chart
Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor Buying Guide
When choosing a wrist blood pressure monitor, there are several factors you should keep in mind, including the following:
Accuracy in the monitor is essential. When taking readings, it is best to have the monitor on your wrist at heart level. Many monitors will come with an instruction manual on how to take an accurate reading. With that said, you should look for an accurate wrist monitor within +/- three mmHg.
Ease of use
Monitors, especially wrist monitors, should not be complicated to use. Look for a monitor that has clear instructions. For example, the cuff should be easy to put on, and the readings should be displayed clearly on a large LCD screen. Also, look for a one-touch button operation for taking readings.
Price of a wrist blood pressure monitor
Wrist blood pressure monitors can range in price from $30 to $100. It is crucial to find one that fits your budget. Many monitors come with additional features that can be helpful but not necessary, such as an irregular heartbeat detector or average reading feature.
Wrist blood pressure monitors are small and can quickly be taken with you when traveling. In addition, many monitors come with a carrying case to protect them while not in use. These travel bags make it much easier to pack and bring with you on the go.
Some wrist monitors use replaceable batteries, while others have a built-in rechargeable battery. If you choose a monitor with replaceable batteries, have extras on hand. It is also a good idea to keep the manual handy if you need to replace the batteries.
Memory storage is essential.
Many monitors have built-in memory storage of readings that allow you to store and then go back to see readings. This is important for a few reasons. For one, you want to track your blood pressure over time to see if it is going up or down. This will give you an idea of how well your treatment is working. Second, if you have to go to the doctor, you will have a record of your readings to show him or her. This is especially important if you have high blood pressure that is not well controlled.
What is a wrist blood pressure monitor?
A wrist blood pressure monitor is a small, portable device that you can use to measure your blood pressure. Unlike an arm blood pressure monitor, a wrist blood pressure monitor is easy to take with you and can provide more accurate readings.
How do I use a wrist blood pressure monitor?
To get the most accurate reading on a wrist monitor, it is important to follow the instructions that come with your device. Generally, you will need to sit down and rest your arm on a table so that the wrist blood pressure monitor is at the level of your heart. Once you have done this, simply strap the device onto your wrist and wait for the readings to appear.
Why should I use a wrist blood pressure monitor?
There are many benefits to using a wrist blood pressure monitor. For one, they are easy to use and can be taken with you anywhere.
How do you read a wrist blood pressure monitor?
To read a wrist blood pressure monitor, simply look at the display screen. The top number is your systolic blood pressure, which is the pressure in your arteries when your heart contracts. The bottom number is your diastolic blood pressure, which is the pressure in your arteries when your heart relaxes.
As you can see, there are many reasons to consider a wrist blood pressure monitor instead of the traditional arm cuff model. They are more convenient to use and transport and can provide accurate readings just as well as their larger counterparts.
When making your purchase, be sure to look for a reputable brand that offers a good warranty, as this will ensure that you get the most value for your money. With a little bit of research, you can find the perfect wrist blood pressure monitor to suit your needs and budget.
Do you use a wrist blood pressure monitor? What brand do you recommend? Share your thoughts in the comments below!