Compression style socks are a type of design that applies a small amount of pressure to your ankles and legs that help to promote blood flow from the legs to the heart. Not only can compression socks help with swelling in your legs and ankles but they can also help to reduce pain. This guide will explain what the best compression socks are for plantar fasciitis, what the different types of compression socks you can use, how they work, and what to look for what purchasing them.
- The best compression socks will help provide firm pressure from the ankle all the way up to the upper calf depending on the style. These socks help give your legs support during travel, work time, and exercise.
- Compression socks help to squeeze leg tissues and the walls of the veins that help with circulation and flow of lymph fluids that help to blessing leg achiness, fatigue, and swelling.
- What are the main benefits of compression socks?
- What is Plantar Fasciitis?
- Why do compression socks work for plantar fasciitis?
- Top 5 Compression Socks for plantar fasciitis
- 1. Plantar Fasciitis Socks with Arch Support for Men & Women
- 2. SB SOX Compression Foot Sleeves for Men & Women
- 3. Bitly Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks for Women & Men
- 4.Thirty48 Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks
- 5. TechWare Pro Ankle Compression Socks-Plantar Fasciitis Sock & Foot Support
- Best compression socks for plantar fasciitis Product Buying Guide
What are the main benefits of compression socks?
There are a lot of benefits to wearing compression socks. Boosting circulation in your legs to reducing swelling are just some reasons you may be asked to wear compression socks. Below is a list of the most common reasons you may wear these types of socks.
- Prevent pooling of blood from leg veins
- Increase circulation in your legs
- Reduce leg swelling
- Support veins
- Prevent venous ulcers
- Lessen pain from varicose veins
- Reduce pain from plantar fasciitis
- Improve lymphatic drainage
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
If you are suffering from plantar fasciitis you’re not alone because it’s one of the most common causes of help pain. The pain happens when the tissue that runs from the bottom of your foot that connects your heel bone to the toes gets inflammation.
This can cause pain and discomfort and a common sign of this is when you first get up and step you can feel a stabbing pain in your heel.
Plantar fasciitis typically can be self-treated and the inflammation and discomfort can last from several days to weeks.
The following conditions may occur with plantar fasciitis:
- Pain from standing for long periods
- Pain in the morning that gets worse as the day goes on
- Climbing stairs or standing on toes makes the pain worse
Why do compression socks work for plantar fasciitis?
The main principle that makes compression socks work for plantar fasciitis is that the sock puts pressure on the soles of your feet and even your calves. Because of this it helps to improve the flow of blood and reduces swelling. This can also help to reduce pain and reduce inflammation caused by plantar fasciitis.
Top 5 Compression Socks for plantar fasciitis
|Our Rank||Compression Socks||Our Score|
|1.||Plantar Fasciitis Socks with Arch Support for Men & Women||4.8/5|
|2.||SB SOX Compression Foot Sleeves for Men & Women||4.7/5|
|3.||Bitly Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks for Women & Men||4.6/5|
|4.||Real Soft Leather Mesh Fingerless Wheelchair Gloves||4.6/5|
|5.||TechWare Pro Ankle Compression Socks-Plantar Fasciitis Sock||4.5/5|
1. Plantar Fasciitis Socks with Arch Support for Men & Women
Our top choice for the best compression socks for plantar fasciitis is the Plantar Fasciitis socks with arch support for either men or women. You will have a choice of multiple colors for anyone’s color style.
This compression sock helps to relieve heel pain and throbbing, provides ankle support without restriction motion. Because of the design, this particular sock helps to support the ankle to the heel and improves Achilles tendonitis and circulation reducing inflammation.
This compression sock is made and designed from 80 percent nylon and 20 percent spandex making it feel very secure while creating a gradual compression on the bottom of the sleeve to promote pain relief from plantar fasciitis pain.
Because of the thin design, you can wear this compression sock day or night. You will love this compress sock because it allows for a full range of motion without sacrificing pain relief.
Score: (4.7 / 5)
- Great plantar facias pain relief
- Can wear with all types of shoes
- For men or woman
- Helps with pain from heel to ankle
- Not for washing machine
2. SB SOX Compression Foot Sleeves for Men & Women
Our runner up for the best compression socks for pain relief, plantar fasciitis, and that provides excellent blood circulation is the SB SOX compression foot sleeves. We love how they use a ribbing arch that supports your feet for unmatched pain relief and comfort.
These socks can be worn for almost any activity and provide a really nice form-fitting that is breathable and lightweight.
These particular compression socks come in 4 different sizes and can be worn with any type of shoes and even under socks. Great for office workers, on airplanes., runners, cycling, tennis, and more.
Score: (4.7 / 5)
- Nylon and spandex material
- Can be used in many different applications
- Machine washable
- Many reviews state there may be sizing issues
3. Bitly Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks for Women & Men
The Bitly Plantar fasciitis compression socks help relieve pain by stimulated blood flow and help to recover from plantar fasciitis, ankle splints, and heel pain.
We love that these compression socks are made from comfortable, soft, order-free, moisture-wicking, and hygienic fabric that is comfortable to wear all day, even when sleeping.
When it’s time to clean your compression socks it’s easy because they are machine washable.
For those of you with plantar fasciitis, these socks provide a nice snug fit that helps to compress the feet resulting in less pain and healing quicker.
Score: (4.5 / 5)
- Great for plantar fasciitis pain
- Not for running
4.Thirty48 Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks
These compression socks are designed and built using ultra-light and stretch fabric that helps to relieve plantar fasciitis pain quickly. We like the fact that the stretch fabric does not restrict movement while working out or exercising.
The 20-30 mmHg pressure compression conforms to your foot a nice snug fit around muscles and nerves to help reduce inflammation and increase circulation.
These compression socks are also good to help stabilize foot position and prevent misalignment. Made from 75% Nylon and 25% Spandex. They are very comfortable to wear with a lot of different types of shoes. From slippers to heels and even under socks. The wicking moisture is thin and breathable.
Score: (4.6 / 5)
- Ultralight fabric
- 20-30 mmHg
- Breathable and moisture-wicking
- Stabilizing foot position
- Small in sizing from multiple reviewers
5. TechWare Pro Ankle Compression Socks-Plantar Fasciitis Sock & Foot Support
These compression socks provide great compression on the plantar fasciitis ligament which then helps to reduce inflamed heel pain and throbbing. The design of socks is easy to put on and has a slightly flared top band.
What about the fabric?
This compression sock uses a breathable and moisture-wicking fabric that helps your feet stay dry even during long workouts.
The fitting can be done quite well because you can choose from 4 sizes from small to Xlarge.
These compression socks can help relieve:
- Plantar Fasciitis pain
- Helps with standing and walking pain
- Relieve heel and arch pain
- Arthritis pain
- Muscle Fatigue
Score: (4.6 / 5)
- Made from lightweight stretch fabric
- Comes in all types sizes
- Easy to put on
- Relives plantar fasciitis pain
- Some reviews state it can be a little to tight at the top of the foot
Best compression socks for plantar fasciitis Product Buying Guide
When searching for the next compression socks for plantar fasciitis there are a few things to look at. Below we go over the key features your compression socks should have to get the most out of it.
Compression Sock ratings
Compression in compress socks is rated in millimeters of mercury or the (mm Hg) rating. More specifically, compression socks are rated based on blood pressure. When searching for compression socks you typically will find ratings as follows:
- The moderate pressure rating of 10 to 20 mm Hg
- Firm rating of 20 to 30 mm Hg
Compression Sock Material
You will notice that almost all compression socks are made from a blend of different materials. They are typically that of synthetic fabrics that are stretchy and snug-fitting. In the reviews above we mention what type of materials are used for the compression socks. These materials can be spandex, nylon, rayon, etc.
performance in a compression sock
The entire process of wearing a compression sock for plantar fasciitis is to help reduce the pain that causes this while walking or standing. When choosing the best compression socks for plantar fasciitis be sure to look at the compression rating, the size, and the type of motion you should get from the sock when you wear it before purchasing.
Performance in a compression sock is important. Finding the best pair will allow you the right support, while still letting you move freely enough to walk correctly, exercise, and even run.
Using compression socks might be because you want relief from plantar fasciitis, exercise, reduce swelling in your legs, or you’re taking a long flight or road trip. For our review above these are heated more toward relief of pain caused by plantar fasciitis.
Value plays a role in everything we purchase and compression socks are no different. Pricing can vary greatly on how they are made, what they look like in terms of patterns and colors, and much more that can make these types of socks be less or more expensive. Pay close attention to the type of compression sock and what you want to accomplish when wearing it.
So, what are the best compression socks for plantar fasciitis?
We have done in-depth research on many compression socks and have narrowed down our winners to the top 5 socks for plantar fasciitis. From in-depth user reviews and more we have made our choice.
Our top choice for the best compression socks is…
Plantar Fasciitis Socks with Arch Support for Men & Women
This sock provides great plantar fasciitis pain relief while having a comfortable, easy-to-clean compression sock on. While we have chosen this sock as our best overall product all of the ones we have listed would make a great choice.
Comments are closed.