Diabetic socks are designed to provide comfort and support for people with diabetes. They are usually made from a softer, more breathable material than regular socks and have no seams or tight elastic bands that could irritate the skin. Diabetic socks can help prevent foot problems by keeping the feet dry and comfortable. We review some of the best diabetic socks for both man, woman, and unisex.
When choosing these types of socks, it is essential to look for a comfortable fit and a sock that is not too tight. It is also important when choosing a diabetic sock made from a breathable material that will help keep the feet dry. In addition, the height of the sock should be appropriate for the shoe size, and the socks should be warm enough to protect the feet in cold weather.
Quick View of the Top Diabetic socks
What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a condition that affects the persons ability to process blood sugar. People with diabetes may need to take special care of their feet, as they risk developing foot problems. These sockscan help prevent these problems by providing comfort and support.
How can diabetic socks help those with diabetes?
Diabetic socks can help prevent foot problems by keeping the feet dry and comfortable. These socks can also help enhance blood circulation and to avoid foot ulcers. High blood sugar can cause nervous and circulatory damage to diabetes. A proper foot care regiment is essential to prevent serious foot problems.
Diabetic Socks vs. Compression socks
The difference between these types of socks is as follows. These types of socks are made to help prevent skin irritation, promote comfort, and protect the feet. Compression socks are built to help reduce or relieve swelling by getting the blood moving up the leg.
Some types of diabetic socks also have a form of compression built in for those who also need that type of sock. It is always wise to talk to your doctor about the best socks and treatment if you have diabetes or swelling in your feet or legs.
Our Top 5 Diabetic socks
- Best overall: Diabetic Socks Unisex
- Runner up: Special essential Men’s Cotton Diabetic Crew Socks
- Best unisex diabetic socks: Dr. Scholl’s Women’s Diabetes Ankle Socks
- Best ankle diabetic socks: Yomandamor Ankle Socks
- Best High Socks: Diabetic Socks over the calf
1. Best Overall Diabetic Socks
These Socks have a smooth toe seam that helps to reduce rubbing and also lessen the change of blisters and ulcers. The cushioned sole provides your feed with extra protection and comfort when wearing them. Not all socks do this. The loose fit is a non-binding top that helps twofold.
It helps to improve blood circulation. The meshed knit also is a plus as it helps to control order. When looking for socks, make sure they are breathable as it helps to control the cool and dry levels of your feet. The sock sizes come in both men’s and women’s are a top choice for a diabetic sock.
- Physician Approved Therapeutic
- Recommended for: Circulatory Problems, Diabetes, Edema, Neuropathy
- 90% Cotton, 7% Polyester, 3% Elasthane
- Machine Wash
- Loose Fitting, Non Binding Top
Non binding top
Smooth toe seam
May run small in size
Could provide lint build up on toes
Best Men’s Choice
2. Best Diabetic Socks for Men
Special Essential Diabetic Crew Socks make our list for a few reasons. The non-binding wide stretch at the top of the sock allows for an extra-stretch for comfort and hold. The cushioned sole helps to protect the feet while also allowing for a more comfortable feel when walking.
We look for breathable material and the mesh knit design not only is breathable but helps with anti-odor that helps keep your feet odorless. The smooth toe seam also is a feature that helps to eliminate pressure points. They come in both men’s and women’s size so finding the right size shouldn’t be difficult.
- Non-binding wide top to reduce pain and discomfort caused by neuropathy and provide extra comfort and support for those who are diabetic
- Compression fit with an extra wide and loose top to eliminate tightness and constriction around the ankles & calves
- Cushioned sole and reinforced heel to provide additional support and comfort, making them the perfect diabetic socks for men and women of all sizes
- Seamless toe to reduce irritation and improve comfort
- Comfort and support for people with diabetes, providing reduced foot pain and improved circulation
Smooth toe seam
Cotton moisture technology
May run larger then what they say when looking at reviews
Best for Women
3. Best Diabetic socks for women
Count: 4 pair
Our top choice for woman’s diabetic socks are the Dr. School’s Women’s Diabetes ankle socks. These socks can fit a large array of foot sizes from 8 – 12 and use moisture management yard that helps to keep the feet dry.
Made from a 96 percent polyester, 2 percent spandex, and 2 percent other fibers these socks are machine washable and use a flat knit constructions that proves both lightweight and smooth feel when wearing the socks.
- Designed for diabetics and those suffering with circulation issues, these socks provide you with the comfort and support you need to keep healthy and keep going.
- Comfort Beyond Compare: Ultra-Soft, Non-binding comfort top that gently conforms to your leg without constricting for a relaxed comfortable fit. Perfect for individuals with diabetes or circulatory issues.
- Stay In Place: Engineered to stay up while gently hugging to the leg
- Cool & Comfortable: Moisture Control Fibers help keep socks dry and comfortable.
- Odor Control: Odor fighting technology effectively fights odors, keeping socks fresh.
- Effortless Wear: Designed for easy on and easy off, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
Seam across toe
Top binding is not as stretchy as some would like
4. Best ankle Diabetic Socks
The Yomandamor Diabetic ankle sock is a seamless toe and nonbinding top sock that ranks high on our list for a few reasons. For one, the seamless toe allows for eliminating foot pressure and blistering.
The moisture-wicking technology helps keep your feet dry and comfortable for daily use. The soft cotton lend also is breathable and comfortable no matter what season you wear these socks. Finally, the non-binding top helps the socks stay in place.
Count: 6 pairs
- These socks come in a ankle length; Sock Size:10-13(Fits Men’s shoe size:6-12);Thin,perfect for Spring, Summer and Autumn
- Seamless toe eliminates bulky toe seam ,reduce the risk of infection, foot pressure, blistering; Much more comfortable and durable than normal diabetic socks
- The micromesh weave allows these socks to breath and wick away sweat perfectly
- Non-binding loose fitting stay-up top and large wide calf wont restrict circulation
- Machine wash. Package contains 6 pairs of socks. We stand by our products 100% and will immediately replace any products found to be defective. Simply email us with any complaints/comments.
Could feel to thin for some users
5. Best High Diabetic socks
This high socks come in a great 12 pack count and are designed to be non-restrictive and to help promote blood circulation. The moisture-wicking technology and hygienic fabric help to keep your feet healthy, dry, and comfortable while wearing them. Made in the USA These socks are also machine washable for easy cleaning.
Made from a blend of 50 percent cotton, 45 percent polyester, and 5 percent spandex.
- HELPS CIRCULATION: Tailored to be non-restrictive and promote blood flow, our loose fitting socks for men and women are made to relieve pressure on the calves. Ideal for those suffering from swollen feet and sensitive toes, ankles, and leg pain.
- EASY TO PULL ON: Our extra large diabetic socks are a breeze to put on. With a pull-on closure, they easily fit over the calf, are cozy, long, stretchy, and can withstand heavy use.
- NON-BINDING: Developed with a relaxed-fit top, our comfortable cushiony socks will not lose shape or sag. The unique material blend provides elasticity for optimal support without restricting blood flow.
- DAILY WEAR: Crafted from 50% cotton, 45% polyester, and 5% spandex, these socks are moisture-wicking for maximum comfort. They are made from quality construction, are machine washable, and are designed to support all foot types.
- MADE IN AMERICA: Dedicated to offering a wide selection of high-quality, comfortable footwear specifically designed for conditions related to diabetes. We strive for excellence and pride ourselves on manufacturing all of our products in the USA.
Priced higher than some other socks
Top band may be tight for some users
Other Diabetic Socks worth looking at
- OrthoSleeve Wellness Socks are created to provide a durable and soft sock, perfect for those with sensitive feet. The lightweight design provides the support needed while keeping the feet healthy.
- Designed for the left and right foot to provide the perfect fit. The specially shaped toe and heel pockets are knitted to confirm proper placement. Seamless construction and contoured padding offer comfort where your feet need it most.
- The Wellness Socks are offered in both a regular and wide version. The wide sock allows for more stretch and provides a comfortable fit to those with wide feet or swelling.
- Designed to help those that suffer from sensitive feet, excess swelling, and numbness. The light compression helps provide the support your feet need and promote healthier feet and skin.
- Made of superior quality, moisture-wicking fabric which allows the socks to breathe during movement. They promote freshness and help keep the feet dry during wear creating a healthier environment for your feet.
- Comfort for Swollen Feet & Ankles – The Pembrook diabetic socks men and women are lightweight, non binding with a loose top around the ankles to aid poor blood circulation. These diabetic socks women and men are easy to pull on over swollen feet and feel soft and comfortable on the skin. The absolute best pair of diabetic socks for women and men who suffer from edema, diabetes or neuropathy.
- Suited to All Activity Levels – Our womens and mens diabetic socks are great for walking, running and sitting still. They help prevent swelling in the feet and ankles and have a breathable mesh top to keep feet dry and comfortable. This is why these are great edema socks and neuropathy socks as well as socks for diabetics men and women.
- Sizes – Medium size fits mens size 5-9 and womens 6-10. Large size fits Mens 9-12 and womens size 10-13. These socks for diabetics women and men are loose fitting, but stay up and do not bunch around your shoes or slide down around your heel. Diabetic socks low cut look great in summer and don’t leave marks on your calves.
- Performance Blend – We want to ensure that our customers are provided with the best kind of comfort that mens and womens diabetic socks can offer. That is why our diabetes socks men & women are made for maximum performance and durability. The Pembrook advanced yarn blend resists odors to keep you smelling as good as you’ll look.
- Designed to Last – Pembrook diabetic socks for men and women are easy to care for, so you can rest assured that your wide socks will survive the wear and tear of everyday life. Our socks are durable and machine washable so that your money goes a long, long way.
- Bariatric Wide Socks for Swollen Ankle Leg- These lymphedema socks have super wide stretch up to 25 Inch, They are designed for wide calf, swollen leg, diabetic foot, lymphedema, bariatric. The socks are super stretchy and non binding fit, Which are ideal for people with swollen feet, ankles or calves caused by extreme lymphedema or circulation problem.
- Why You Need Extra Wide Socks – The diabetes has bad foot circulation, so they need pair of non binding socks which won’t cut circulatory then improve foot/leg circulation. The extra wide stretch socks fit for swelling edema foot ankle or leg, it can relief the pain and reduce the recovery time.It is great cast socks
- Cushioned Foot for Soft and Comfort Experience – The full cushion terry will protect your foot, just imagine how soft and comfortable stand on the soft heavy terry. the moisture wicking fabric can take the moisture away around foot then keep foot dry.
- Who Need These Special Socks – We know it is hard to find out extra wide non binding stay up socks form market, we design this socks for Bariatric Lymphedema foot, the extra wide socks are the exact socks for thick swollen edema foot ankle leg, the non binding top is great for the elderly diabetic Neuropathy sensitive feet. In addition, it is great cast leg socks or walking boot socks.
- The Key Features of The Extra Wide Socks: Non binding diabetic socks, cushioned socks for men and women one size for most(including socks size 9-11 10-13), extra wide stretch up to 25 Inch on calf. Reduce skin irritation for walking boot, great as cast socks for wounded foot or leg.
- These High-Performance Diabetic Socks Are Designed As The Unique Soft And Breathable Material Is What Makes It Great To Wear All Day Long. It’s All About Your Comfort
- Our Premium Quality Diabetic Socks Are 80% Cotton 15% Spandex 3% Elastic 2% Nylon, Your feet will breathe easily.
- The Real Difference: Our Medi Socks Are Made For Who Needs Long-Term Comfort. Non-Binding Top And Seamless Toe Increase Your Comfort By Improving Blood Circulation By Reducing The Amount Of Constriction Around Your Ankles. Ideally For Diabetics, Edema, Neuropathy, Nurses, Teachers, Office Workers, Elderlies, Winter
- Ventilation Holes Make The Socks Perfect For Ventilation And Perspiration. Great For Long Travel And Long Hours On Your Feet, Loose Fitting Top Stretch Over Ankle For Ease Of Dressing. Allows For Better Blood Circulation.
- Physician Approved Therapeutic – Recommended For Circulatory Problems, Diabetes, Edema, Neuropathy, Comfort Fitting, Non Binding Top And Super Stretchy, Non-Irritating Smooth Toe Seam – No Peculiar Smell, Light Fabric Suitable For Any Season – Available In 6 Unique Colors
Diabetic Sock Comparison Chart
Diabetic sock buying guide
Diabetic socks should fit snugly without being too tight. You will not want socks that fit really tight as this could cause circulation problems. Diabetes is known to restrict the flow of blood to the feet, so you will not want to have socks that are extremely tight.
Diabetic socks come in a few different materials. Cotton is a popular choice in socks but may not always be your top choice for those with diabetes. All cotton socks will tend to absorb sweat and moisture, which can lead to fungal infections. Instead, choose socks that are made of a wicking material like acrylic, which will help pull moisture away from the feet.
When choosing diabetic socks, you will want to consider sock height. Socks that come up over the ankle will provide more support and stability to the feet. Socks that are too low cut can cause rubbing and irritation on the feet.
Diabetic socks should be warm enough to protect the feet in cold weather but not so thick that they cause sweating. Choose a sock made from a breathable material that will help keep the feet dry.
Diabetic socks should be comfortable to wear. Look for socks that have a soft, non-irritating material. Also, look for socks with no seams or tight elastic bands that could irritate the skin.
When choosing diabetic socks, it is important to look for a comfortable fit, a sock made from a breathable material, and the appropriate sock height. Diabetic socks should be warm enough to protect the feet in cold weather but not so thick that they cause sweating. Choose a sock that will help keep the feet dry and comfortable.
frequently asked questions
Should diabetics wear thin or thick socks? There is a lot of debate surrounding what type of socks diabetics should wear. Some say that thin socks are better because they allow your feet to breathe and avoid trapping moisture. Others believe thicker socks are beneficial because they provide more cushioning and support. Ultimately, the decision comes down to personal preference. We also suggest speaking to your doctor about what type of socks they recommend for you.
What is diabetic neuropathy? Diabetic neuropathy is nerve damage that can occur if you have diabetes. High blood sugar (glucose) can injure nerves throughout your body. Diabetic neuropathy most often damages nerves in your legs and feet. Diabetic neuropathy can cause numbness and pain in your legs and feet. You might not feel cuts or bruises on your feet, which can lead to severe infections. Diabetic socks are designed to protect your feet by providing cushioning and support. They may also help reduce foot pain and keep your feet warm.
Ultimately, deciding what type of socks to wear as a person with diabetes comes down to personal preference—however, a few key things to consider when making your purchase, regardless of thickness. Comfort, fit, material, and sock height are all important factors. Be sure to talk with your doctor to find the best course of action in making any decisions about your sock wear. You can keep your feet healthy and comfortable all day with the right pair of socks.