Wheelchairs can be a game changer for someone with mobility issues, but not everyone can afford to get a brand-new wheelchair. The fact is that a new wheelchair can cost upwards of 500 to over 1000 dollars. Used wheelchairs cost a fraction of this and can give you back your independence. We get many questions on how someone finds used wheelchairs near me by email weekly. This guide will cover what you need to consider before purchasing a used wheelchair. These rules can be used when buying a used wheelchair from a private seller or a business.
Where can someone find used wheelchairs?
The first thing you should do is search on Google with the search term “Used Wheelchairs Near Me”. This will provide some great results close to you that you most likely can drive to and physically see the wheelchair. Here is the steps:
Search Google first
- Open up Google. Type the search term in the browser: Used Wheelchairs Near Me.
Facebook marketplace for used wheelchairs
- To find a used wheelchair on Facebook marketplace, first open the website and log in.
- Then, type “used wheelchair” into the search bar and hit enter.
- A list of results will populate; scroll through until you find one that is located near you.
- Once you find a listing, click on it to view more information.
- Here, you can see pictures of the product, as well as any details the seller has provided.
- If you’re interested, you can message the seller to ask additional questions or arrange a time to meet.
Try Offer up
- To find a used wheelchair on Offer Up, first open the website and log in.
- Then, type “wheelchair” into the search bar.
- Under “condition” check mark “Used”
- Search. You will see listing of all types of wheelchairs and other mobility aids. Click on the listing to learn more. From the listing picture you can see the location, product name, and price.
Search Goodwill for used mobility aids like wheelchairs
Goodwill can be a great source of finding used wheelchairs and other mobility aids at a great price. Goodwill accepts used mobility aids in working conditions, and you can score a great buy from time to time. Some wheelchairs are like brand new.
To locate a Goodwill location close to you, head to Google and type in Goodwill near me in the search box. You will see all the places close to you. You can either head to each location or call them to see if they have any wheelchairs in stock.
Yard Sales for used wheelchairs
Yard sales can be a great source of finding used items, and wheelchairs are no exception. However, it may take some time to run across a wheelchair when visiting a yard sale. But there have been some fantastic deals found at these types of sales on gently used wheelchairs; even electric wheelchairs can be found at a great price.
Ebay is another great place to find used wheelchairs. Head over to Ebay.com and search for wheelchairs. You should pay close attention to the chair and ask questions to the seller so you can fully understand the product being sold. Also, pay attention to the seller’s rating to ensure you are dealing with a reputable seller.
What should you look for when purchasing a used wheelchair?
Used wheelchairs can be a great way to save money, but it’s essential to inspect the chair before making a purchase. Follow these tips before purchasing a used wheelchair.
- First, check the tires to see if they are in good condition. If they are worn or flat, this could indicate that the wheelchair hasn’t been properly maintained.
- Inspect the overall condition of the wheelchair. Look for any cracks, tears, or damage.
- Make sure that all of the parts are in working order. Test the brakes, wheels, and other features to ensure they function correctly.
- Finally, sit in the chair to make it comfortable for you. Everyone is different, so finding a chair that meets your needs is essential.
Used wheelchairs can be a great way to save money, but it’s essential to inspect the chair before making a purchase. Follow these tips, and you will find a great deal on a used wheelchair!
Used wheelchairs can be a great way to save money than buying new ones. The places and processes we listed above should help your chances of finding a used wheelchair near you. Remember, it is crucial to inspect the chair before making a purchase. First, check the tires, overall condition, and all features to ensure the wheelchair is in good condition. Then, sit in the chair to make it comfortable for you. With these tips, you will find a great deal on a used wheelchair!